Blackjack is one of the most widely played casino games of all times. The game is easy to play and fast paced. In the game of online blackjack, you will be competing against the online dealer to acquire two cards that come as close as possible to 21 without going over this number.
There are many different variations of blackjack available at the online casino as well as hundreds of theories and strategies that claim to give the blackjack player a greater edge and chance of winning.
The rules of the game
The basic game of Blackjack is played with one deck of cards. Once you have placed a wager, you will be dealt two cards. The dealer is also dealt two cards, one of the cards is exposed to you whilst the other one is face down.
Firstly, let’s look at the value of your cards:
- The number cards from 2 to 10 retain their value, so for example, a number three card is worth three points.
- The face cards – King, Queen and Jack all have a value of 10.
- The Ace has a value of a 1 or an 11 depending on your requirements.
You now have a number of options, in the event that you have been dealt two cards that equal 21 in value, you have an automatic blackjack and you have won the game! Sadly, this rarely happens, instead of after looking at your cards you have a number of different options on how to play your hand.
How to play your hand
Once you have carefully studied your own cards as well as that of the dealer, you are ready to make one of the following decisions:
- Stand– To stand is to keep the cards that you have been dealt and not take any more cards.
- Hit– To hit is to request another card. You can continue to hit until you are satisfied with your choice of cards.
- Double Down– If you choose to double down, you double your bet, receive one additional card and then stand.
- Split– If you received two cards of the same denomination, you can choose to split the cards, double your bet and receive two additional cards, you are now playing with two different hands simultaneously.
- Surrender– Some of the online blackjack variations allow you to surrender if you feel that you are going to lose the hand. In this scenario, you lose only half your original bet.
Online blackjack tips
If you are a new player, the best piece of blackjack advice we can give you is to make sure you understand the rules of the game and practice your strategy by taking advantage of the free games offered at Platinum Play Casino.
Once you are comfortable with the rules of the game, you are ready to begin. Most players are aided by a blackjack strategy chart. This chart details the best tactic you can take depending on the cards you have been dealt. The strategy chart will detail whether you should stand, hit, double, split or surrender.
Online blackjack is a great game to enjoy at Platinum Play as it perfectly combines both skill and luck. Once you have studied the rules and picked up a little strategy, you are ready to start your game!
Our Casino has a selection of the best online table games all powered by Microgaming. Make sure you try them out.