Online video poker at Platinum Play Casino
Online video poker is a staple at virtual casinos, having a section on the games menu dedicated entirely to the genre itself. Microgaming is renowned for their fine selection and for having the largest one at that. There are three main options in which you can enjoy these popular games, we have the following genres at Platinum Play:
- Single-hand video poker – standard online video poker play with a single deck of 52 cards.
- Multi-Hand power poker – play up to 100 hands simultaneously.
- Level-up video poker – a game where payouts progressively increase after every winning hand.
All of the best video poker games at Platinum Play
Every imaginable game of online video poker is there for your picking. Below we feature the main differences in rules on some of the most popular variations available online:
- Jacks or Better: In Jacks or Better the hand that pays the least is one comprising a pair of Jacks, Queens, Kings or Aces.
- Tens or Better: The rules in Tens or Better are very similar to Jacks or Better, with a pair of 10’s responsible for the lowest payout in the game.
- Joker Poker: Joker Poker uses a standard deck of 52 cards – plus a joker. Even though the additional joker does increase your odds of winning, the actual payout amount does decrease.
- Deuces Wild: In Deuces Wild all 2 value cards are wild, which increases your chance of winning substantially. Lower paying hands such as a pair and two pairs are often scratched from the pay table altogether.
- Double & Double Double Bonus Poker: In Double and Double Double Bonus Poker, memorable bonus wins are offered through side-bets that are usually variations of the standard four-of-a kind combination. Payouts usually by far supersede that of a straight flush.
- Aces and Eights: Aces and Eights offer three extra payout opportunities achieved by four-of-a-kind hand rankings in Aces, 7’s and 8’s.
If you enjoy video poker then we are sure you will enjoy some of the other online table games we have on offer.
How to Play Online Video Poker
If you have ever played draw poker, you will already be well on your way to understanding the inner workings on how to play online video poker. The standard hand-rankings mostly remain the same, which includes a Royal Flush, Straight Flush, Four-of-a-Kind, Full House, Flush, Straight Flush, Three-of-a-Kind, Two Pair and One Pair.
Unlike draw poker, the game is played man-against-machine, with no dealer. An RNG (random number generator) shuffles and deals random cards. To get started, you have to click on the ‘deal’ button after which 5 cards will appear onscreen. You can then opt to exchange one or more of the cards, with the aim to construct a winning hand, after which you can click on the deal again to receive new cards in their place. Based on the second round of cards you are dealt, your winnings will be calculated.
Video Poker Strategy
Online video poker is really a simple game to play. The paytable always features onscreen so you will see exactly which hands pay out most. The only real strategy you can implement is to try and construct hands according to the paytable.
Register at Platinum Play online casino and get access to a comprehensive online video poker selection that includes Microgaming’s exclusive Power Poker and Level-Up video poker games.